Dr Ian Tebbett was appointed as Chief Information Officer (CIO) at Monash University in May 2010 and to the additional role of Vice-President (Information) in December 2012.
The CIO provides IT leadership, direction setting and advice in the identification and shaping of major strategies to improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the University's Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) and its use throughout the institution.
As a key member of the University's Senior Management Team, the CIO focuses on:
- Strategically aligning ICT with the objectives of the University.
- Developing an ICT corporate governance framework which places Monash at the forefront of the sector both locally and internationally.
- Advancing the goals of Monash University, through the application of solutions that adopt forward-looking technology in a culture promoting innovation, best practice, quality and service excellence.
- Leadership and operational management of eSolutions, which provides all ICT-related solutions and services to Monash University and its subsidiaries.
In his VP role, he has responsibility for the direction, oversight and sponsorship of a number of areas and initiatives that work in partnership with the university to deliver business solutions.
- Monash Connect is the primary contact point for current and future student enquiries across the University.
- Education Business Services support Monash's education activities, administers the academic programmes and carries out student service and administrative tasks from enrolment through to graduation.
- Monash Online is a recently launched partnership-based business focussed on providing online postgraduate courses. Monash is the first institute in Australia's Group of Eight to be delivering to the needs of this market.
- Flexible Administration Services Team (FAST) is an experimental model for the staffing of medium term administrative roles with faculties and divisions.
- Business Continuity Management (BCM) providing sponsorship and leadership for the implementation of a university-wide framework.
- People@Monash in partnership with the Executive Director(HR) this is the development of a ten year strategy for the continued development of Monash's academic and professional workforce.
He is a non-executive director of AARNet Pty. Ltd (the not-for-profit company which operates Australia's National Research and Education Network), and of Monash College Pty (which provides transition education programmes and services for international students).
Before joining Monash, Dr Tebbett was Director, iSolutions at the University of Southampton in the UK where he was responsible for all ICT activities, including strategy, capability development, technical solutions, investment projects and service delivery for a 33,000 user base across six main campuses.
He is an Engineer by profession and holds both a first class Bachelor of Science degree (Honours) and a PhD in Civil Engineering from Leeds University. He is a Chartered Engineer, Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and a Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
Executive Assistant, OCIO
+61 3 990 20639
We partner with our customers to provide complete solutions enabling the Monash academic mission and delivery of the strategic agenda. We aim to be a customer focused organisation delivering flexible, responsive, coherent ICT services.