Dr Ian Tebbett was appointed to the position of Chief Information Officer (CIO) in May 2010.
The CIO provides IT leadership, direction setting and advice in the identification and shaping of major strategies to improve the efficiencies and effectiveness of the University’s Information and Communication Technologies (ICT).
The CIO is a key member of the Senior Management Team (ICT), the governing forum for ICT across the University, and focuses on:
- strategically aligning ICT with the objectives of the University
- developing an ICT corporate governance framework which places Monash at the forefront of the sector both locally and internationally
- advancing the goals of Monash University, through the application of solutions that adopt forward-looking technology in a culture promoting innovation, best practice, quality and service excellence.
Before joining Monash, Dr Tebbett was Director, i-Solutions at the University of Southampton in the UK where, for the past five years, he was responsible for all ICT activities, including strategy, capability development, technical solutions, investment projects and service delivery for a 33,000 user base across six main campuses.
He is an Engineer by profession and holds both a first class Bachelor of Science degree (Honours) and a PhD in Civil Engineering from Leeds University. He is a Chartered Engineer, Fellow of the Institution of Civil Engineers and a Member of the Institution of Structural Engineers.
Since joining the UK Higher Education Sector in 2005, he has served as Finance Director of LeNSE Ltd and as a member of the Shared Services Advisory Committee for Higher Education Funding Council for England (HEFCE).
Dr Tebbett brings with him extensive experience in strategy, business transformation and implementation of Shared Services, applying sound commercial and relationship skills to create and manage effective partnering and collaboration.
The Office of the CIO supports the University’s research, teaching, learning and administrative objectives and aligns with its strategic goals through:
- engaging with staff to develop a collaborative, integrated ICT environment
- leading and managing the introduction of a Shared Services approach for ICT
- ensuring a consistent, unified approach to managing ICT infrastructure, projects and planning
- acting as a catalyst for innovative technological solutions
- providing transparent ICT budgeting and expenditure reporting.
Executive Assistant, OCIO
+61 3 990 20639
We partner with our customers to provide complete solutions enabling the Monash academic mission and delivery of the strategic agenda. We aim to be a customer focused organisation delivering flexible, responsive, coherent ICT services.