Pacific INDIE Manual
- Pacific INDIE Guidelines Manual (PDF, 4.1 MB), or DOCX version (1MB)
- Pacific INDIE Guidelines Manual - Brief Overview (PDF, 700KB), or DOCX version (200KB)
- Pacific INDIE Manual files for professional printing (ZIP, 27MB)
Pacific INDIE Report
Peer Reviewed Papers
- Measuring indicators of inclusive education: A systematic review of the literature.
International Perspectives on Inclusive Education, Volume 3, 2014, pp.165 - 187
Loreman, T., Forlin, C., Sharma, U.
- What has worked for Bringing Out-of-school Children with Disabilities into Regular Schools? A Literature Review
Disability, CBR & Inclusive Development, 25(2), 2014, 57-74.
Umesh Sharma, Olivia Ng
- Developing disability-inclusive indicators in the Pacific islands.
Forlin, C., Sharma, U., Loreman, T. & Sprunt, B. (2015)
- Factors contributing to the implementation of inclusive education in Pacific Island countries
International Journal of Inclusive Education
Sharma, U. Loreman, T. & Macanawai, S. (2015)
- Identifying disability-inclusive indicators currently employed to monitor and evaluate education in the Pacific Island countries.
Cogent Education, 3, 1170754
Sharma, U., Forlin, C., Sprunt, B., Merumeru, L. (2016).
- Parental perspective about inclusive education in the Pacific. In K. Scorgie and D. Sobsey (Eds).
Working with Families for inclusive education. Emerald Publishers, UK.
Sharma, U. & Michael, S. (2016).
- Using indicators as a catalyst to inclusive education in the Pacific.
International Journal of Inclusive Education
Sharma, U., Forlin, C., Marella, M.& Jitoko, F. (accepted).
- Stakeholder perspectives on barriers and facilitators of inclusive education in the Solomon Islands.
Journal of Research in Special Educational Needs
Sharma, U., Loreman, T. & Simi, J. (accepted).
- Validating the WG/UNICEF Module on Child Functioning and Disability for Fijian schools to identify seeing, hearing and walking difficulties.
Disability and Rehabilitation
Sprunt, B. Hoq, M. Sharma, U. & Marella, M. (accepted).
- Disability disaggregation of Educational Management Information Systems (EMIS) in the Pacific – a review of system capacity.
Special Issue of Knowledge for Disability Inclusive Development, Knowledge Management for Development Journal.
Sprunt, B. Marella, M. & Sharma, U (accepted).
- Nothing about us, Without us: perspectives of people from the Pacific about inclusive education
Presented at The Inclusive Education Summit -2016, University of Canterbury, Christchurch, New Zealand, 8-10th July, 2016.
Presenters: Jitoko, F., Merumeru, L., Ravulo, K., Saemene, G., Maelkota, G. & Sharma, U.
- Melbourne Social Equity Institute inaugural conference, symposium presentation (28th February, 2014). “Towards inclusive education in the Pacific – how can effective approaches be applied and measured?”
Presenter: Ms. Beth Sprunt (Nossal-CBM).
- “Developing and testing indicators for inclusive education in the Pacific: Nothing about us without us.” A symposium presented at Disability Studies in Education Conference hosted
at Victoria University, Melbourne, 26th July, 2014.
Presenters: Umesh Sharma, Joanne Deppeler (Monash University); Filipe Jitoko (Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat); Hasheem Mannan (Nosssal), Joanne Webber (CBM), Roger Slee (Victoria University)
- Developing and testing indicators for inclusive education in the Pacific. A presentation made at Disability in Development: shaping policy and practice conference hosted by Australian Disability and Development Consortium, Canberra, 28-29 August, 2014. Presenters: Umesh Sharma (Monash University), Setareki Macanawa (Pacific Disability Forum), Beth Sprunt (Nossal-CBM).
- Developing and testing indicators for inclusive education in the Pacific: Empowering, evidence based and effective.
A seminar presented at Asia- Pacific Educational Researchers Conference (APERA), Hong Kong November, 2014, Presenters: Umesh Sharma, Joanne Deppeler (Monash University); Chris Forlin (Hong Kong-IED), Tim Loreman (CUCA, Canada).
- Pacific Indicators for Disability Inclusive Education.
A presentation made at Pacific Disability Research Symposium, February, 17th, 2015, Nadi Fiji.
Presenters: Mr. Kitione Ravulo (Associate Investigator- Fiji), Ms. Savaira (Associate Investigator –Fiji), Mr. Setareki Macanawai (Pacific Disability Forum- Fiji), Mr. Lai Merumeru (Pacific Islands Forum Secretariat (PIFS, Fiji), Umesh Sharma (Monash University).
- Inclusive education and cultural (dis)connect in the Pacific Islands: Conclusions from a 3-year collection of studies.
Congress of the Humanities and Social Sciences, Calgary, Alberta, Canada, May 28th to 3rd June, 2016.
Presenters: Tim Loreman, Umesh Sharma, Filipe Jitoko and Setareki Macanawai.
- Vanuatu Case Study (PDF, 1.38MB)
French Translation (PDF, 4.29MB)
Ilaisa, G. & Willie, F. (2016) Pacific Indicators for Inclusive Education (Pacific-INDIE): Strengthening and promoting inclusive education in Vanuatu. Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Solomon Islands Case Study (PDF, 1.21MB)
Pidgin Translation (PDF, 5.54MB)
Saemane, G.L., Fa’asala, C.J., & Simi, J. (2016). Pacific Indicators for Inclusive Education (Pacific-INDIE): Voices from Solomon Islands. Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Fiji Case Study (PDF, 4.01MB)
Fijian Translation (PDF, 3.43MB)
Tinaavunivalu, S., & Ravulo, K. (2016) Pacific Indicators for Inclusive Education (Pacific-INDIE):Fiji for disability-inclusive education. Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.
- Samoa Case Study (PDF, 1.49MB)
Samoan Translation (PDF, 7.76MB)
Loelu, A., Utumapu, F., & Pesamino, M. (2016). Ilaisa, G. & Willie, F. (2016) Pacific Indicators for Inclusive Education (Pacific-INDIE): Developing inclusive education in Samoa. Monash University, Melbourne, Australia.