The Monash wireless network is part of a multi‐university network known as eduroam.
- Available in most university campuses across Australia and New Zealand, eduroam is also used in the US, Canada, Europe and parts of the Asia-Pacific.
- Once set up with eduroam, you'll be able to connect at all participating universities without having to reconfigure your device.
Eduroam is available at all Australian Monash University campuses. Always connect to eduroam if you have a Monash account.
When travelling, use eduroam rather than your mobile internet (NextG or 3G) device wherever possible. This will provide you with a faster connection and reduce international data charges. Monash University is not charged to use eduroam at other participating institutions.
How to connect
When connecting, you need to use your Monash username with @monash.edu added to it. This is not the same as your Monash email address, and is explained further in the instructions below:
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on Windows 7 or Vista
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on Windows 8
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on Mac OSX
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on an iPhone or iPad
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on Android
- Connect to eduroam wi-fi on Linux
Visit the eduroam website for more information about where eduroam is available.