23 March 2016
Following the release of this year's QS World University Rankings by Subject, Monash University features among the world's elite institutions in 37 of the 42 subjects featured.
The University has been ranked fourth best in the world at which to study Pharmacy and Pharmacology. The result places the Faculty of Pharmacy and Pharmaceutical Sciences at number one in Australia and the Asia Pacific, and is the highest rank in any discipline of any university in Australia.
Worldwide, it is topped only by Harvard University, University of Cambridge and University of Oxford. Monash ranked in the global top 50 in 20 of the 42 subjects that were rated, including 16 in the world for Nursing and 17 in the world for Education.
- Pharmacy and Pharmacology - 4
- Nursing - 16
- Education - 17
- Law - 23
- Engineering – Chemical: 24
- Accounting & Finance - 24
- Engineering - Civil & Structural – 25
- Business & Management Studies – 32
- Communication & Media Studies - 33
- Chemistry – 33
- Sociology - 34
- Geography - 36
- Engineering - Mineral & Mining – 39
- Medicine - 39
- English Language & Literature – 41
- Anthropology – 41
- Economics & Econometrics - 45
- Development Studies - 47
- Engineering - Mechanical, Aeronautical & Manufacturing – 49
- History – 50
Monash is currently ranked 67 overall in the QS World Rankings. QS Top Universities has ranked international tertiary educators since 2004. The rankings are compiled from evaluations of 4,226 universities and take into account 113 million citations and attributions.
More information on the QS University Subject Rankings is available at the QS Top Universities website.