This specialisation allows you to develop knowledge associated with surface and ground water flow, stormwater management, water quality, flood forecasting and mitigation. The specialisation will equip you with advanced skills necessary for managing the challenges posed by changing climatic condition on water resource management. The specialisation is suitable for new graduates, professionals and managers who are keen to upgrade their existing design and management skills as well as to develop advanced theoretical and applied knowledge in the area of water resources engineering and management.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Part C. Technical elective units (24 points)
Students complete four technical elective units from the following:
Note: Not all units will be available each year.
- CIV4234 Advanced structural analysis
- CIV4235 Advanced structural design
- CIV4248 Ground hazards engineering
- CIV4249 Foundation engineering
- CIV4261 Integrated urban water management
- CIV4268 Water resources management
- CIV4283 Transport planning
- CIV4284 Traffic systems
- ENE4607 Environmental risk assessment
- ENG4700 Engineering technology for biomedical imaging and sensing
Part D. Discipline core units (24 points)
Students complete four discipline core units:
Successful completion of this postgraduate specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- E6001 Master of Advanced Engineering
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.