Marketing is the process of creating, communicating, delivering and exchanging offerings that have value for customers. The major in marketing will provide you with valuable insight and background into the principal activities of marketing for use in any part of an organisation. By focusing on a particular area of marketing you will equip yourself with the skills and knowledge that will allow you to find your niche within the broadest possible spectrum of roles.
Marketing is offered in the Bachelor of Business Science at Monash South Africa as a major.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course broadly, students successfully completing this major will be able to:
- demonstrate knowledge and skills that contribute to marketing decisions and be capable of responding to marketing challengesert outcomes
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
To complete the marketing major in the Bachelor of Business Science degree, students must complete:
- The following seven units (42 points):
- MKS1120 Marketing theory and practice
- MKS2402 Consumer behaviour
- MKS2420 Marketing research methods
- MKS2460 Integrated marketing communication
- MKS3121 Marketing planning and implementation
- MKS3440 Marketing strategy
- MKS3444 International marketing
- One unit (6 points) from units offered by the Department of Marketing. These units can be identified using the browse units toolbrowse units tool (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/units/search) in the current edition of the handbook. The level of the unit is indicated by the first number in the unit code; undergraduate units are those that commence with the numbers 1-3.
Successful completion of this major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degrees:
- 4415 Bachelor of Business Science
- 4418 Bachelor of Business Science
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the major by using 48 points of their free electives.