As a graduate with a major in sustainability you will be well equipped to consider the interaction between our society, the economy and our environment, and how responsible management can sustain all three into the future.
Sustainability is listed in the Bachelor of Commerce at Clayton as a major or minor.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course, students successfully completing this major will be able to:
- deal with complex economic and environmental sustainability issues being addressed by corporations, government and the media.
Major requirements (48 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
- ACC1100 Introduction to financial accounting or ACC1200 Accounting for managers
- ACX2900 Accounting for sustainability
- BTX3100 Sustainability regulation for business
- ECC1000 Principles of microeconomics
- ECC2360 Environmental economics
- ECC2800 Prosperity, poverty and sustainability in a globalised world
- ECC3640 Economics of climate change
- MGC3950 Managing for sustainability
Minor requirements (24 points)
- any four units (24 points) from the major, with at least two units (12 points) at level 2 or 3
Successful completion of the minor or major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2001 Bachelor of Commerce
Students in this course can complete the minor using 24 points of their free electives.*
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor or major by using 24 or 48 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the minor or major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Commerce component in the following double degrees:
- B2020 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Arts
- B2021 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Biomedical Science
- B2014 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Commerce Specialist
- B2008 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Computer Science
- B2006 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Global Studies
- B2025 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2022 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Music
- B2023 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Science
- D3003 Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce
- E3005 Bachelor of Engineering (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce
- L3005 Bachelor of Laws (Honours) and Bachelor of Commerce