6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This unit is designed to assist honours students specializing in art/design theory to extend their preferred field/s of study through a program of directed reading and critical writing, facilitated by regular seminars with senior Art history and theory staff.
- To enable honours-level students to consolidate and extend their reading in fields of study relevant to their research.
- To encourage and develop students' capacity to formulate critical responses and develop sophisticated written interpretations of key issues in the field of art and/or design theory.
- To encourage students to explore new or unfamiliar theoretical material of relevance to their advanced studies in art and/or design theory.
Literature report (2000 words) 70%; Essay (4000 words) 70%
2 hours of seminars and 10 hours of private study per week
See also Unit timetable information