0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Students enrolled in this unit will complete a six-week internship with an external organisation, such as a gallery or museum, for a minimum of one day per week. The internship is self-managed, with the assistance of the Unit Coordinator and host organisation. The internship experience will enable students to put their skills and knowledge into practice in a professional workplace, and build industry contacts and confidence. Students will complete a journal that documents and reflects on the internship experience.
- work effectively in a professional environment
- understand the essential elements of museum and gallery administration
- apply and extend knowledge obtained through their degree in a professional setting
- work autonomously on a range of tasks, such as the installation of artworks and the marketing of exhibitions
- communicate the results of the internship through a reflexive journal
Written report (1000 words) 100%
Off-campus: 48 hours (approximately one day per week over six weeks)
See also Unit timetable information
Must have passed 96 credit points towards the BFA Art History and Curating