12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Flexible)
- Second semester 2017 (Flexible)
- Summer semester A 2017 (Flexible)
- Students need to contact the Arts Student ServicesArts Student Services (http://future.arts.monash.edu/contact-arts/) desk to enrol in the unit.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
Under the supervision of suitable academic staff, students continue to conduct the independent research that was commenced in APG5849 Graduate research thesis A. This research process results in the production of a graduate research thesis.
Upon successfully completing this subject, students will be able to:
- Formulate a research project;
- Conduct research independently;
- Demonstrate a command of the relevant literature;
- Critically analyse the relevant academic literature;
- Develop an academically sound argument;
- Demonstrate sophisticated written skills.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
This unit is only available to students enrolled in an Masters degree from the Faculty of Arts. Average of 75 Distinction across 24 credit points of core coursework units; and approval from Course Coordinator.