6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
Architecture Research Methods is the prelude to the final Architecture Design Research Project. Addressing diverse methodologies and tactics, this unit provides the background and foundation for undertaking independently guided design research. The unit will establish the necessary parameters for the development of the subsequent Design Research Projects including methodological, conceptual and physical contexts and operative frameworks for architectural speculations.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Develop the foundation for the subsequent execution of the Architecture Design Research Project.
- Have acquired proficiency in architectural design research methods.
- Have the ability to critically analyse and successfully respond to issues inherent in formulating architecture research.
- Have developed and demonstrated a sophisticated understanding of how observation, analysis, experiment and critique apply to the development of architecture design research.
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study.
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours per week and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information