6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Summer semester A 2017 (Flexible)
- This unit is an international study programinternational study program (http://future.arts.monash.edu/learning-abroad) that requires an application to be enrolled and may incur additional cost.
- The unit may be offered as part of the Summer Arts ProgramSummer Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/summer-program.html).
- The unit may be offered as part of the Winter Arts ProgramWinter Arts Program (http://www.monash.edu/students/courses/arts/winter-program.html).
- This is an Arts enrichment unitArts enrichment unit (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2017handbooks/undergrad/arts-01.html).
This unit aims to develop students' intercultural competency and to foster their sense of global citizenship through academically relevant international experiences. Students will be required to undertake tasks which involve research and reflection prior to departure, during and after the conclusion of the in-country program elements.
Upon completing this unit, students will be able to:
- Exercise critical thinking and judgment in developing new cultural understandings;
- Apply broad knowledge when analysing local context and program/project characteristics;
- Exhibit cross cultural competencies;
- Compare and contrast theoretical knowledge with in-country experience.
Within semester assessment 100%
This unit requires an equivalent of 144 contact hours including assessment tasks and in-country program activities. Most elements of the program are self-directed, however students may be required to attend on-campus sessions.
See also Unit timetable information