6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Ms Pippa Connolly (Clayton)
Dr Raghunandan (Malaysia)
This is a capstone unit drawing together the material taught in previous units. The objective is to utilise this knowledge to undertake a multi-disciplinary open ended design task for a specified civil engineering development, in groups, mirroring the expectations of working in professional practice. The design project will vary from year to year but will include aspects of structural, water, geomechanics, environmental engineering and transport design with an emphasis on sustainable design.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Appraise a multidisciplinary engineering project brief as part of a design team.
- Generate concept designs that meet multidisciplinary criteria as part of a team.
- Design components of a multi-disciplinary engineering project.
- Construct construction-standard details and drawings of the design.
- Generate oral, written and visual communication skills suitable for professional practice.
Written and oral project submissions: 100%
4 hours of practical and 8 hours of private study per week.
See also Unit timetable information