6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
An advanced study in which projects are set with increasingly broad parameters to equip students with the cognitive, technical and aesthetic skills necessary to formulate a personal language of visual expression that is capable of supporting, informing and stimulating their major study. Students are encouraged and expected to be increasingly independent in project definition, visual research and problem solving thereby assisting them to become active, informed and confident participants in visual arts discourse.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- have confidence in using drawing materials experimentally to achieve defined expressive, conceptual or decorative ambitions
- be able to make informed aesthetic judgements about the character and quality of their imagery
- be capable of clearly articulating the major conceptual issues implicit in their chosen area of visual research
- have an increasing ability to work independently, both on set projects and on themes of personal relevance
- appreciate the wider role of visual research and investigation, especially in informing and extending personal interpretation and imagery.
By Folio: 100%
3 studio hours and 9 hours of independent study
See also Unit timetable information