6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
This unit provides students with a further opportunity to relate to a more expansive definition of drawing and encourages students, through bold graphic experimentation, to maximise their capacity for individual invention and expression in responding to a variety of perceptive and conceptual processes other resources to develop their individual practice in an increasingly informed manner.
On successful completion of this unit students should:
- have a wide graphic visual vocabulary to serve and maximise their individual expressive needs;
- have aesthetic sensibilities that enable them to critically determine imagery that bridges both historical and contemporary art;
- productively develop a wide variety of visual material and techniques relevant to their major discipline;
- have an understanding of the appropriate procedures for complying with OHS and ethical requirements in this area of study.
By folio 100% (all objectives). Initial project or work-in-progress is assessed in the first part of the semester and contributes a weighting of no less than 20% to the final assessment.
12 hours per week, including 3 studio hours and 9 independent study hours
See also Unit timetable information