6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Jonathan Li (Clayton)
Dr Narayanan Ramakrishnan (Malaysia)
Together with ECE4094 Project A this unit is a challenging opportunity to pursue independently an individual project and is likely to require extended effort. The two units together normally include a preparatory literature survey and developmental work such as design, construction and programming. Students choose a project that interests them, and are assigned to a team of two supervising staff members.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Demonstrate a sound technical knowledge of their selected project topic.
- Demonstrate problem identification, formulation and solution.
- Design and evaluate engineering solutions to complex problems utilising a systems approach.
- Plan, execute and assess an engineering project.
- Generate professional written reports and oral presentations to communicate project outcomes to engineering colleagues and the community at large
- Demonstrate the knowledge, skills and attitudes of a professional engineer.
Panel assessment of the achievement of the student in the project, as evidenced by a presentation, a poster and a written report: 100%
12 hours per week working on the project
See also Unit timetable information
ECE4094 or ECE4911