6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
In this unit, leadership related aspects such as strategic thinking, building self-awareness, leading in teams, negotiation, effective communication and conflict resolution will be discussed. Then, leadership skills will be linked to innovation and product development. Useful technological tools that can be used for product development will be introduced. Finally, this unit will also explore the process of product commercialisation in both local and international settings.
This unit aims to link leadership skills to product innovation and explore the product development and commercialisation process. At the end of this unit, students should be able to:
- Discuss the leadership process in real life scenarios based on literature and Internet resources.
- Explain ideas effectively, on paper and on digital platform, by working in a team that consist of members with different personality types.
- Design an innovative product with commercialisation potentials in the context of the Malaysia community.
Continuous assessment: 70%
Examination (2 hours): 30%
Students are required to achieve at least 45% in the total continuous assessment component and at least 45% in the final examination component and an overall mark of 50% to achieve a pass grade in the unit. Students failing to achieve this requirement will be given a maximum of 45% in the unit.
3 hours lectures, 3 hours tutorial or laboratory and 6 hours of private study per week
See also Unit timetable information