6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester (extended) 2017 (Flexible)
This unit is designed to bring about an increased awareness in teaching practice and improve student learning. Students choose any area of teaching and learning in higher education and design a negotiated project that will enable them to investigate and improve their own teaching practice.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- negotiate and plan a project that is designed to bring about increased awareness in teaching practice and improve student learning
- evaluate developments from both pedagogy and discipline-based research that are relevant to their personal teaching practice
- identify suitable pedagogical research methodologies.
Project proposal and literature review (minimum 4000 words, 100%)
Minimum total expected workload equals 144 hours per semester comprising:
- Contact hours:
- 2 contact hours per week (face-to-face and/or online)
- Additional requirements
- 10 hours independent study per week including literature search and review time, reading and private study time and completion of assessment activities
See also Unit timetable information
First degree or equivalent