6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
Enthusiastic and engaged teachers continually evaluate and modify aspects of their units in an effort to enhance student learning. This unit affords participants the opportunity to explore and improve their teaching practices by adopting an action learning model. Focusing on teaching and learning issues arising from HED5043 Contemporary issues in business education, participants will be required to apply a teaching intervention (or interventions) to their curricula (for example a technological intervention arising from Module 5) and to critically evaluate its effectiveness, and to instigate further changes and evaluation.
The learning objectives associated with this unit are to:
- apply an action learning model to enhance teaching practice
- identify, justify and implement an appropriate teaching or learning intervention/s
- use appropriate methods of evaluation of a teaching or learning intervention/s
- reflect critically on the teaching intervention/s using the education literature
- identify areas of teaching or learning that require improvement
- critically reflect on the findings in relation to the intervention/s and devise a plan for further improvement.
Within Semester Assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in Graduate Certificate in Higher Education to undertake this unit.