12 points, SCA Band 3, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- MBA Teaching Period 1 2017 (On-campus block of classes)
- MBA Teaching Period 4 2017 (On-campus block of classes)
Students will work closely with an academic staff member assisted by a company staff member. They will be guided through the processes of; proposal preparation, data collection and analysis, project implementation, business planning -- project reporting.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- demonstrate an ability to apply a broad range of knowledge and understanding of key business theories, concepts, tools and techniques in a practical context
- demonstrate an ability to analyse, synthesise and evaluate a business situation and to develop appropriate recommendations in the form of a consulting report
- further enhance communication, inter-personal, problem solving and critical thinking capabilities
- develop capabilities to be future generators of sustainable economic, social and environmental value for business.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average six/eight hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Students must be enrolled in course 0028 to undertake this unit.