24 points, SCA Band 1, 0.500 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2017 (Day)
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
- Full year 2017 (Day)
This unit represents the third of a three-part design project and students are expected to continue with the research initiated in Design project (part two). Defined designs are expected to be detailed resulting in an assessable design outcome. Regular group and individual critiques of the project will be undertaken as the project and the thinking underlying it develop. Both the intentions of students and the results of their work are debated in group discussions and critical sessions. Students will be expected to demonstrate a strong capability to detail design issues.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- be able to demonstrate a capability to independently select and apply relevant design methodology to resolve and detail their design project
- be able to debate and/or defend their outcomes in an informed critical appraisal
- demonstrate an extensive understanding of their design discipline and its professional practices, within the scope of their investigation
- demonstrate a capability to lead, manage and plan complex design projects within their selected field
- understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study
Major project: 100%
36 independent study hours per week including weekly meetings with project supervisors and regular seminars
See also Unit timetable information