6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Dan Wang (First semester)
Dr Mingqiong Zhang (Second semester)
Management theory and its application in various cultures. Topics covered include: the role of culture; motivation; global leadership; international human resources management; international teams, and ethics and social responsibility.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- assess the application of management theory to various global cultures
- explain the complex challenges of the multinational business enterprise at the interpersonal and operational levels
- compare a range of cross-cultural variables in the business environment
- apply theory to cross cultural scenarios
- critically assess the strengths and weaknesses of national culture assessment tools.
Within semester assessment: 60% + Examination: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information