6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
The scope of sales management, personal selling in the marketing mix, deployment and account coverage, sales force size/sales forecasting, personal selling, field sales management, compensation, evaluation and motivation, organising, recruitment and selection, training.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- critically analyse the effectiveness of marketing examine communication, relationship building and negotiation alternatives in a selling and organisational context
- analyse the theoretical basis of an effective sales and planning organisation evaluate the practical importance of setting goals and objectives suitable to a modern sales environment
- critically analyse strategies that might be used for the recruiting, selection, training and on-going development of sales staff
- compare the theoretical and practical requirements for leading, controlling and evaluating a sales team
- critically evaluate the importance of the ethical behaviour of a sales manager.
Within semester assessment: 50% + Examination: 50%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information