6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
The aim of this unit is to provide registered nurses with a comprehensive foundation for the assessment of clients' health status in order to determine and deliver competent nursing care based upon the goals of health restoration, maintenance and promotion.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- analyse health assessment data using a problem solving approach in order to develop an appropriate plan for client care;
- relate the concept of holistic health to nursing health assessment and nursing practice;
- identify communication skills that will enhance the nurse/client therapeutic relationship;
- discuss the importance of using a practical framework for delivering appropriate client care;
- completely assess and record a client's health history; and
- perform and document a systematic physical assessment.
- Assignment 1 (25%)
- Assignment 2 (25%)
- Exam (50%)
- One (1) hour of lecture per week
- Two (2) hours of tutorial per week
- Two (2) - four (4) hours private study per week.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Must be enrolled in course 0727.