3 points, SCA Band 2, 0.0625 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is quota restricted. Selection is on a first-in, first enrolled basis. For more information please contact the faculty at http://monash.edu/pharm/future/contact/
- Previously coded PGC6009
- For postgraduate coursework pharmacy discontinuation dates, please see http://www.pharm.monash.edu.au/students/pg-coursework/unit-discontinuation-dates.html
This unit is a natural progression from PGC5008 and will allow students to further consolidate their research skills. Emphasis is on data analysis, drawing conclusions from the research, and development of the final research report. The final report will involve a verbal presentation of the entire project, and submission of a written report.
At the completion of this unit the participant will be able to:
- Analyse data in a manner appropriate to the chosen study design and results obtained.
- Draw conclusions from the results obtained.
- Present a verbal report of the research undertaken.
- Submit a written report of their research project.
- Demonstrate an appropriate level of maturity and independence in performing practice based research.
Class presentation of research project (20 minute): 20% (hurdle)
Written submission of research project: 40% (hurdle)
Monash review panel mark: 40%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 72 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. The unit requires on average 5-6 hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include teacher directed learning, reading time, participation in tutorials or discussion groups, research and preparation for assignments.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
PGC5007 (PGC6007, VCG6013), PGC5008 (PGC6008, VCG6021)
PGC6009 (VCG6023), PGW6128 (VCW1128)