6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2017 (Day)
This four week placement provides students with work experience in an industry relevant to the formulation major.
In addition students participate in activities to develop their job seeking and career planning skills, for example, writing resumes, job applications and cover letters, and interview techniques.
At the end of this unit students will be able to:
- Identify areas of interest for their future career;
- Participate effectively in interviews and write a professional resume;
- Work in a team in the context of a professional environment;
- Design an experimental approach to solving a problem;
- Prepare a technical report and present on experimental work conducted to the Monash supervisor and the industry team and managers;
- Reflect on professional experience
The unit is a pass/fail unit based on the following hurdle requirements:
- Performance at industrial site
- Written project report
- Presentation at the industry site with a clear explanation of the context, results and conclusions.
- Reflective blog and other documents required in the framework of career plan
Contact hours for on-campus students:
- Ten hours of workshops and interviews in semester one
- 140 hours of practical placements in industry in semester two
See also Unit timetable information