6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit gives students who are not taking painting as a major study the opportunity to develop the practice and theory of Painting as a means of contemporary creative expression. By providing the means to increase their level of competence within the Painting discipline it forms a sound conceptual and technical basis for an ongoing continuing study in Painting. It also lays the groundwork for developing interdisciplinary approaches and extending the discipline of Painting into wider fields of practice.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- demonstrate further competence in the language, materials and design principles that relate to the practice of Painting;
- have a growing maturity in their ability to initiate, develop and express personal aesthetic solutions within the discipline of painting in an inventive or imaginative way;
- have developed skills in the materials and methods appropriate to their chosen expressive outcomes;
- have considered their work in the context of historical and current visual art practices;
- understand and apply the principles of occupational health and safety practices in the studio.
Folio of studio work:100%
12 hours per week, including four hours of taught studio and eight hours of personal study and studio practice.
See also Unit timetable information