0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit is structured to assist students in Planning and preparing for Supervised Professional Practice 1 (first Placement).
The unit consists of 6 preplacement tutorial/briefings.
Students complete Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements in this unit in order to proceed to a supervised professional practice placement.
The unit is a prerequisite for SWK 3180
Upon successfully completing this unit students will be able to:
- Communicate and conduct yourself professionally through participation in tutorials and briefings.
- Identify and differentiate between the roles and responsibilities of those involved in supervised professional practice placement - the university, the student, and the host organisation by participating in tutorial/briefing activities
- Transmit knowledge of the service system within Australia with particular reference to Medicare and Centrelink.
- Analyse and evaluate the importance of supervision when undertaking supervised professional practice placement.
- Prepare for supervised professional practice placement, by completing tutorial/briefings, and mandatory Faculty and Departmental compliance requirements for placement.
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 1 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 2 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 3 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 4 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 5 (hurdle)
- Preplacement tutorial/briefing 6 (hurdle)
Each hurdle builds on the previous hurdle
On-campus: students will participate in 6 pre-placement tutorial/briefings, comprising a mix of in class and online activities (up to 14 hours)
Off-campus: students will participate in 6 pre-placement tutorial/briefings, comprising online activities (up to 14 hours)
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Must be enrolled in Bachelor of Social Work or Bachelor of Health Sciences (Human Services stream) - course codes 0004, 3426, 3447, 3870, 3965 and M20022