6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
This unit provides students with the opportunity to deliver a presentation on their research study. Students will describe the research method and data analysis plan for their honours study. The feedback students receive on their presentation assists in the development of the final version of their research report.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Collect and prepare data for analysis.
- Demonstrate skills in data analysis suitable to the data collected.
- Demonstrate appropriate verbal and written skills in communicating about their research project and findings.
- Present and lead a discussion with peers on their project, utilising feedback.
- Presentation (Students are required to give an oral presentation of their project (in class, or online for distance students) (Hurdle)
- Written presentation of the study's findings and discussion of these in the context of prior research (Results and discussion) (100%)
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
SWK4001. Social Work units are available only within the context of the Bachelor of Social Work degree, or with permission.