6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Dr Jing Fu (Clayton)
Dr Alpha Agape Gopalai (Malaysia)
The aim of this capstone unit is to provide an opportunity for students to undertake a substantial individual or small group project with a strong mechatronics content. In order complete the project studies from earlier stages of the course will be integrated into a complete design/build/test task. It is envisaged that the project will involve design of mechanical components, sensing, actuation and computing elements.
At the successful completion of this unit you will be able to:
- Generate a research plan based on scientific methodologies and risk assessments.
- Manage a research project effectively within technical, budgetary, risk and time constraints.
- Research an extensive review of relevant scientific literature and critically analyse its relevance to the project work being proposed.
- Utilise data acquisition tools, data analysis and other technological tools effectively in design, research and experimental activities.
- Generate project findings via written reports and oral presentation to a range of audiences in a professional manner.
Continuous assessment: 100%
12 hours week of engagement in project activities.
See also Unit timetable information
TRC4000 in the previous semester