18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2017
This unit is the second part of the major project sequence for the honours course, and students are expected to continue with the research initiated in VCO4107, and develop a time frame which details the final visual presentation in consultation with a supervisor and the course coordinator. The project must have appropriate aspects to serve as a vehicle to demonstrate the student's professional understanding and capabilities, as well as appropriate complexity to enable the student to professionally undertake and present it within the time and resource limitations of the unit. All documentation must be completed to a professional standard.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- be able to develop and refine their graphic design project from the conceptual stage undertaken in VCO4107 Major Project (Visual Communication) Part 1 through to a visual presentation which demonstrates a very high level of capability
- demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the discipline and its professional practices, with particular reference to the social, cultural and aesthetic aspects of their investigation
- have a high level of knowledge of the contemporary discourse in design and visual communication and to be able to position their work relative to it
- be able to debate and/or defend their practice in an informed critical appraisal
- demonstrate they have cultivated high ambitions to perfect their practice of graphic design.
Mid semester portfolio:20% + Final portfolio:80%
8 studio hours and 28 independent study hours per week
See also Unit timetable information