This area of study entry applies to students commencing this course in 2018 and should be read in conjunction with the relevant course entry in the Handbook.
Any units listed for this area of study relate only to the 'Requirements' outlined in the component of any bachelors double degrees.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
- The following 11 units (66 points):
- Financial accounting
- Introduction to management accounting
- Accounting information systems
- Advanced financial accounting
- Management accounting
- Auditing and assurance
- Financial analysis and valuation
- Foundations of finance
- Business law
- Australian corporations law
- Taxation law
- One capstone, project, international or internship experience unit (minimum 6 points) chosen from the following:
- Global issues in accounting
- Industry project
- Industry project (12 points)*
- International study program in accounting
- / Industry placement
- / Industry placement (12 points)*
- Industry placement (24 points)**
* Students who complete this 12-point unit are exempt from completing c. below.
** Students who complete this 24-points unit are exempt from completing c. below and can only complete 36 points in Part D. Elective study, which may impact on the ability to complete a major using free electives.
- One units (6 points) from the following:
- Accounting for sustainability
- Advanced management accounting
- Industry project
- Business taxation
- Data analysis in business
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2003 Bachelor of Business Specialist
Students in other single bachelor's degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Business Specialist component in the following double degrees: