This specialisation allows you to develop knowledge associated with surface and ground water flow, stormwater management, water quality, flood forecasting and mitigation. The specialisation will equip you with advanced skills necessary for managing the challenges posed by changing climatic condition on water resource management. The specialisation is suitable for new graduates, professionals and managers who are keen to upgrade their existing design and management skills as well as to develop advanced theoretical and applied knowledge in the area of water resources engineering and management.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Part C. Technical elective units (24 points)
Students complete four technical elective units from the following:
Note: Not all units will be available each year.
- Advanced structural analysis
- Advanced structural design
- Ground hazards engineering
- Foundation engineering
- Integrated urban water management
- Water resources management
- Transport planning
- Traffic systems
- Environmental risk assessment
- Engineering technology for biomedical imaging and sensing
Part D. Discipline core units (24 points)
Students complete four discipline core units:
- Ground water hydrology
- Flood hydraulics and hydrology
- Surface water hydrology
- Water sensitive stormwater design
Successful completion of this postgraduate specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- E6001 Master of Advanced Engineering
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.