Honours studies in this area will advance students' knowledge and competencies in the discipline of communications.
Students are required to complete 48 points of study comprising a thesis and two coursework units. Coursework units and the thesis topic are chosen in consultation with the communications honours coordinator on the relevant campus.
Intending honours students
Students intending to enter honours in communications must have completed a major or specialisation in that discipline.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points)
Units are 12 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
Students complete one of the following in their chosen discipline:
- ATS4230 Arts honours thesis (24 points)
- ATS4231 Arts honours thesis A and ATS4232 Arts honours thesis B
- AMU4718 Arts honours dissertation 1 and AMU4719 Arts honours dissertation 2
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
- ATS4002 Honours research methods seminar
- ATS4171 Advanced readings in media and communications studies
- ATS4235Not offered in 2018 Selected topics in theory and practice
- AMU4720 Research issues and methodology
- AMU4727 Readings in social, political and cultural theory
A3701 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)