Honours studies in this area will advance students' knowledge and competencies in the discipline of history.
Students are required to complete 48 points of study comprising a thesis and two coursework units. The coursework units and the thesis topic are chosen in consultation with the history honours coordinator.
Intending honours students
Students intending to enter honours in history must have completed a major in that discipline.
This course comprises 48 points: Part A: Research (24 points) and Part B: Coursework (24 points)
Units are 12 points unless otherwise indicated.
Part A. Research (24 points)
Students complete one of the following in their chosen discipline:
Part B. Coursework (24 points)
and one of:
- APG4314Not offered in 2018 Seeking justice: South Africa and Rwanda
- ATS4006Not offered in 2018 Political theology
- ATS4215 History archives workshop
- ATS4218 Ideas in history
- ATS4286 Final journey: Remembering the Holocaust
- ATS4287 War and peace: Models of conflict resolution
- ATS4289Not offered in 2018 Medieval dialogues: Reason, mysticism and society
- ATS4290Not offered in 2018 Holocaust memories: Landscape, mourning, identity
- ATS4297Not offered in 2018 Oral history summer school
- ATS4301Not offered in 2018 Reading and writing history
- ATS4311 Text and community in Medieval and Renaissance Italy
- ATS4810 Global justice: Civil and human rights after 1945
A3701 Bachelor of Arts (Honours)