Students will be provided with advanced quantitative skills required to carry out statistical analysis in business, economics and finance. They will also develop the skills to report on the findings of their quantitative analysis.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
- the following two units (12 points):
- Data analysis in business
- Mathematics for business
- four of the following units (24 points):
- Business forecasting
- High dimensional data analysis
- Business optimisation skills
- Introductory applied econometrics
- Quantitative methods for risk analysis
- Data visualisation and analytics
- any other units offered in the Department of Econometrics and Business StatisticsDepartment of Econometrics and Business Statistics (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/handbooks/units/index-byou-department-of-econometrics-and-business-statistics.html) with approval from the course director, up to a maximum of two units (12 points)
Units are 6 credit points unless otherwise stated.
Successful completion of this specialisation can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following degree:
- B6005 Master of Business
Students in other degrees are not eligible to complete this specialisation.