36 points, SCA Band 2, 0.750 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Full year 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 to First semester 2019 (On-campus)
Enrolment in an approved Honours or Postgraduate Diploma in the discipline of food science and technology
Students will undertake a supervised research project. Students will carry out a research project and present the results of their study in both written and oral form. Information about research projects will be available from the course coordinator towards the end of the preceding semester.
On completion of this unit students will be able to:
- Demonstrate an understanding of the processes involved to design, develop and implement a supervised research project;
- Plan and critically analyse research;
- Use a variety of computer data systems in a proficient manner;
- Write and present scientific work in a potentially publishable way;
- Demonstrate communication skills in oral and written presentations to scientists;
- Demonstrate technical skills appropriate to their area of study.