6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Credit grades inand
Familiarity with Stata statistical software; MPH5200 is recommended.
Statistical methods for clinical trials data, including design considerations, sequential analysis, bioequivalence and analysis of repeated measures data.
Methods for measuring agreement between raters or instruments including kappa statistics and intraclass correlation coefficients.
Analysis of survival time data with Kaplan-Meier graphs and Cox proportional hazards regression models.
Combination of lectures and data analysis sessions on laptop computers using Stata statistical software.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- interpret statistical analysis methods in the analysis of clinical research data.
- apply statistical methods to clinical research data.
- determine the implications of statistical considerations for the design of clinical research studies.
- critically analyse the applied statistical methods in published articles on clinical research studies.
- analyse clinical research data using statistical software on a laptop computer.
Three written assignments (40% (hurdle), 30%, 30% each)
3 block days plus average of 9 hours per week comprising of a mix of directed and self-directed learning
See also Unit timetable information