6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
This unit introduces students to the range of practical, fiscal, operational and legislated requirements for operation as a competent professional practitioner of interior architecture. Site visits relevant to the projects are undertaken.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- be able to analyse the key professional and management issues in a range of interior architecture projects
- develop strategies for undertaking research and design for projects and select appropriate research methods
- be able to undertake computer-based scheduling of the management of the design project and its implementation
- understand issues of ethics and morality specifically related to the interior architectural profession
- be familiar with commercial and contract law, with specific emphasis on construction related issues
- understand intellectual property laws, copyright, plagiarism, patents, and design registration
- have an understanding of management skills and relevant government workplace legislation
- observe and employ occupational health and safety principles and rules appropriate to studio practice.
100% Mixed Mode
12 hours per week, 4 taught hours and 8 independent study hours
See also Unit timetable information