6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2018 (Online)
(only conditional to Master of Mental Health Science Students).
This unit is designed to support in the preparation for the independent research project.
The unit will facilitate the capacity to translate thoughts and interests around health care into a sound research project by undertaking a critical review of the literature, and developing a research proposal which is feasible and ethical.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- Communicate an understanding of the use of research as a basis for decision making in the health care policy and clinical arena particularly in its application to health care practice;
- Formulate a research question that addresses an evidence gap in health care;
- Undertake a critical analysis of the research literature in response to the proposed research question;
- Develop a research proposal which explains the selection of appropriate research questions, designs and implementation plans within a health or community setting;
- Articulate the ethical considerations in promoting ethical conduct in research.
- Literature Review (2500 words) 35%
- Research Proposal (2,000 words) 35%,
- Ethical Considerations (1,500 words) 30% (Hurdle).