International business is an inter-disciplinary study of international firms, their strategy, corporate policies and operations. The major includes the study of issues affecting the contemporary international business environment. International business develops your knowledge of, and skills, for the international economic, financial, political, legal, managerial and strategic environment of business. The international business major will prepare you for professional and managerial roles within a range of international businesses.
International business is listed in the Bachelor of Business at Caulfield as a major or minor.
In addition to achieving the broad outcomes of their course, students successfully completing this major will be able to:
- use international business knowledge to enhance opportunities and to resolve challenges confronting international organisations.
Major requirements (48 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to a major and at least 18 points must be credited to the major at level 3.
Students complete the following eight units (48 points):
Minor requirements (24 points)
- any four units (24 points) from the major, with at least two units (12 points) at level 2 or 3
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- B2000 Bachelor of Business
Students in this course can complete the minor using 24 points of their free electives.*
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor or major by using 24 or 48 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the major can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Business component in the following double degrees:
- B2017 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2019 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Arts
- B2028 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Media Communication
- B2035 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Banking and Finance
- B2037 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Marketing
- B2040 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Accounting
- D3007 Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Business
- F2007 Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Business