12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
Must be enrolled in Graduate Diploma in Family Violence Prevention and must have completed 36 points of this program program prior to taking this unit.
In this unit, students will undertake structured learning in a research or clinical environment undertaking a project focused on policies, programs and organisations designed to respond to and prevent family violence.
These locations will include Monash centres (MUARC, Gender & Family Violence, XXY Lab, Arts & Design) and a range of partnering organisations.
Students will identify a specific area for practical work and will be supervised to complete a practical project focused on family violence prevention. This research will be supervised by the Unit Coordinator with input from other staff as appropriate.
Upon successful completion of the unit, students will be able to:
- reflect on their own experience to identify strategies and policies to support family violence prevention in a range of workplace, policy and clinical settings;
- develop professional knowledges about family violence prevention and associated leadership skills in a range of environments;
- apply theoretical knowledge and skills to develop programs and responses in everyday contexts of family violence prevention;
- construct a culturally sensitive approach to the recognition and management of different needs and objectives in effective family violence prevention;
- critically evaluate the operational outcomes of policies and programs to support family violence prevention.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
This unit applies to the following area(s) of study
Graduate Diploma of Family Violence PreventionGraduate Diploma of Family Violence Prevention (http://www.monash.edu.au/pubs/2019handbooks/courses/A5004.html)