12 points, SCA Band 1, 0.250 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (Flexible)
This unit provides students with an opportunity for a detailed supervised research and production exercise at a high level. Students choose their particular focus and medium and will be required to complete and defend a scholarly exegesis of their professional practice and production.
On successful completion of this course students should be able to:
- demonstrate an advanced ability to identify and research an issue, and gather appropriate evidentiary material in the appropriate modality and medium;
- demonstrate an advanced ability to present in a clear, concise, accurate and meaningful way using a variety of elements in a coherent package;
- identify, observe key ethical and legal obligations associated with professional research, and reflect critically on their own and others' performance in this regard;
- reflect on their professional practice and production in a scholarly exegesis in both written and verbal modes;
- work independently and in groups to achieve their learning outcomes;
- demonstrate an ability to set and meet deadlines, and produce under pressure;
- demonstrate a critical awareness of the capacities, limitations and socio-professional implications of professional practices with respect to their chosen subject matter;
- demonstrate an advanced capacity at an Honours level for professional practice.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 288 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. A unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information
Off-campus attendance requirements
Online and phone discussion