18 points, SCA Band 1, 0.375 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Not offered in 2019
This unit is the second part of the major project sequence for the honours course, where students are expected to continue with the research initiated in, and develop a time frame which details the final visual presentation in consultation with a supervisor and the course coordinator.
Upon successful completion of this unit students should be able to:
- Develop and refine their design project from the conceptual stage undertaken in Major Project (Design) Part 1 through to a visual presentation which demonstrates a very high level of capability;
- Demonstrate a comprehensive understanding of the discipline and its professional practices, with particular reference to the social, cultural and aesthetic aspects of their investigation;
- Demonstrate a high level of knowledge of the contemporary discourse in design and visual communication and to be able to position their work relative to it;
- Debate and/or defend their practice in an informed critical appraisal;
- Demonstrate they have cultivated high ambitions to perfect their practice of design.
Mid-semester portfolio (20%)
Final portfolio (80%)
36 hours per week including 6 studio hours and 30 hours of independent study.
See also Unit timetable information