0 points, SCA Band 1, 0.000 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Must be enrolled in Doctor of Psychology in Clinical Neuropsychology
In this unit students will become familiar with a number of neuropsychological syndromes. Sessions will feature guest lecturers who are experts in their fields.
The primary aim of this unit is to provide students with the knowledge required to recognise, describe and assess a number of common neuropsychological syndromes.
On completion of the unit students will:
- be able to provide a verbal description of the neuropsychological deficits associated with common inherited and acquired neurpsychological disorders;
- be able to recognise and differentiate between common syndromes on the basis of the patient's history, presentation and assessment results;
- feel confident in planning and executing a formal assessment of a patient presenting with each syndrome; and
- be aware of psychosocial and treatment issues associated with each disorder.
Weekly take-home assessment (100%)