6 points, SCA Band 3, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2019 (On-campus split block of classes)
MKF9120 oror be enrolled in course 4431.
An in-depth introduction to the critical thinking and planning required in the initial stages of a thesis or research project. Development of a literature review, research model and research proposal.
The learning goals associated with this unit are to:
- develop an understanding of how to formulate a theoretical framework for a marketing problem/opportunity
- provide an understanding and appreciation of qualitative and quantitative research techniques
- provide an understanding of how to conduct data analysis
- develop a comprehensive case study and a comprehensive research report
- develop a capability of communicating research findings.
Within semester assessment: 100%
Minimum total expected workload to achieve the learning outcomes for this unit is 144 hours per semester typically comprising a mixture of scheduled learning activities and independent study. Independent study may include associated readings, assessment and preparation for scheduled activities. The unit requires on average three/four hours of scheduled activities per week. Scheduled activities may include a combination of teacher directed learning, peer directed learning and online engagement.
See also Unit timetable information