6 points, SCA Band 1, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- Second semester 2019 (On-campus)
Completion of 48 points of any degree.
The central theme of this unit is applied psychology focused at the individual, group and organisational levels. At the individual level the use of vocational assessment inventories to determine career choice and selection will be examined. Theories of leadership, power, motivation, job satisfaction, morale and the processes involved in training personnel will be examined at the group level. At the organisational level topics include systems theory, organisational culture, conflict and change. Compulsory attendance at weekend schools is required for all off-campus students.
Upon successful completion of this unit, students should be able to:
- understand the key concepts and terms adopted and investigated by organisational psychologists; and
- appreciate the practical application of organisation psychology principles in the workplace.
NOTE: From 1 July 2019, the duration of all exams is changing to combine reading and writing time. The new exam duration for this unit is 2 hours and 10 minutes.
- Online Quizzes (interactive videos with Q&A) (10%)
- Literature Review (1,000 words) (20%)
- Organizational Project Proposal (1,500 words) (30%)
- End of Semester Examination (MCQ) 2 hrs (40%) (Hurdle)
Two hour lecture per week, plus six 2 hour workshops in the semester.
See also Unit timetable information