This area of study entry applies to students commencing this course in 2018
and should be read in conjunction with the relevant course entry in the Handbook.
Any units listed for this area of study relate only to the 'Requirements' outlined
in the component of any bachelors double degrees.
Unit codes that are not linked to their entry in the Handbook are not available for study in the current year.
Faculty of Information Technology
The software engineering minor provides a selection of units from the specialist course in software engineering covering all aspects of the software lifecycle, together with the tools, processes, management methods and quality assurance techniques required to deliver robust reliable software, on time and within budget. This minor will provide additional depth and rigour for any information technology, computer science or engineering student with a particular interest in programming and software.
Software engineering is listed in the Bachelor of Information Technology at Clayton as a minor.
Minor requirements (24 points)
No more than 12 points at level 1 may be credited to the minor.
- FIT1045 Algorithms and programming fundamentals in python* or FIT1051 Programming fundamentals in java**
- FIT2099 Object oriented design and implementation
- FIT2101 Software engineering process and management
- FIT2107 Software quality and testing
Successful completion of the minor can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the following single degree:
- C2000 Bachelor of Information Technology
Students in this course can complete the minor by using 24 points of their free electives or, where, relevant prescribed FIT electives.*
Students in other single bachelor's degrees may be eligible to complete the minor by using 24 points of their free electives.
Successful completion of the minor can be counted towards meeting the requirements for the Bachelor of Information Technology component in the following double degrees:*
- B2017 Bachelor of Business and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2018 Bachelor of Business Specialist and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2025 Bachelor of Commerce and Bachelor of Information Technology
- B2015 Bachelor of Commerce Specialist and Bachelor of Information Technology
- F2005 Bachelor of Design and Bachelor of Information Technology
- D3009 Bachelor of Education (Honours) and Bachelor of Information Technology**
- F2006 Bachelor of Fine Art and Bachelor of Information Technology
- C2002 Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Arts
- C2003 Bachelor of Information Technology and Bachelor of Science