6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Undergraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
- First semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Second semester 2018 (On-campus)
- Trimester 2 2018 (Off-campus block of classes)
- Trimester 2 2018 (On-campus)
Enrolled in Bachelor of Architectural Design and must have passed 96 credit points, OHS1000
This unit introduces aspects of architectural production. This unit covers architectural production in relation to a range of historical, theoretical, material and speculative domains addressing diverse social, cultural, technological, and communicative aspects of architecture. Explorations will incorporate various methodologies and points of view. The unit will help students develop analytical methods for understanding and contributing to the evolving built environment.
On successful completion of this unit, students will be able to:
- Demonstrate a broader exposure and deeper engagement with architectural production
- Actively engage research issues in architectural production
- Critically assess aspects of architectural production
- Utilise principles and strategies influencing the development of architecture
- Understand and apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the discipline practice.
Mixed-mode assessment: 100%
On-campus: 12 hours per week including 3 contact hours and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information