6 points, SCA Band 2, 0.125 EFTSL
Postgraduate - Unit
Refer to the specific census and withdrawal dates for the semester(s) in which this unit is offered.
Associate Professor Ari Seligmann (Caulfield)
Ms Jacqui Alexander (Prato T2-58)
This unit provides focused study into architecture culture. The unit will foster critical capacities for comprehending and contributing to the built environment. This unit examines architectural culture through the lenses of historically and theoretically based speculative and material developments. Investigations will incorporate various methodologies and diverse points of view. Students will also gain awareness of the associated effects on and of architectural design.
On successful completion of this unit, students will:
- Have a broader understanding of architecture culture
- Gain skills for evaluating dimensions of architecture culture
- Be exposed to methods and tactics involved in architecture culture
- Have developed skills for producing and communicating critical investigations of architecture culture
- Understand and be able to apply the rules of occupational health and safety appropriate to the unit of study
100% mixed mode
12 hours per week including 3 contact hours per week and 9 hours of independent study or equivalent.
See also Unit timetable information
Admission to Master of Architecture or by permission, OHS1000